There is a famous dish in Sichuan province named as Beichuan Liangfen ( heart breaking jelly noodles). It is featured by the spicy taste. If you feel sad or heart breaking, go and taste it, then your sadness will go with wind since it is too spicy so that all the feeling you have is spicy taste.In addition to an easy Sichuan style dressing jelly noodle salad, those jelly noodles can be also stir-fried. Fried jelly noodle is a famous street food.
- 1 cup Mung bean starch ,around 120g
- 4.5 cup water ,divided
- 2 tbsp. Szechuan style chili oil
- 2 tbsp. black vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Sichuan peppercorn powder or oil ,optional
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves ,minced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. minced green onion
- 1 tbsp. minced coriander
1. In a large bowl, mung bean starch with 1 cup of water. Set aside until they are well combined.
2. In a pot, boil the left 3 and 1/2 cups of water in a larger pot. Turn down the fire firstly and then stir the starch mixture in slowly. Gently stir during pouring. Heat until the mixture turns transparent.
3. Transfer out and cool down completely.
4. Then cut into small strips.
5. Place chopped garlic and half of the green onion in a bowl.Heat oil until hot. Pour the hot oil over the garlic. Mix all the other seasonings in.
6. Mix well with all the seasoning and enjoy!